With Winter in full force, there’s nothing more satisfying than a hearty soup. Valeria Ramirez, founder of The Well Nest, has again used her GT Homewares plating to share a simple and nutritious recipe. This Broccoli and Leek Soup is the ideal dish for the colder months. Full of healthy and accessible ingredients, this delicious soup is a Winter staple.
Prep time: 5 mins | Cook time: 20 mins | Total time: 25 mins | serves 2
1 large leek, chopped (white part only)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large potato, chopped
2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
1 whole broccoli, roughly chopped
- In a medium pan, saute leek and garlic over medium heat.
- Add broccoli, potatoes and stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Transfer to high speed blender/thermy and process until completely smooth. Not suitable for nutribullets until completely cooled as there is no where for the steam to go, which will cause an explosion.
- Serve with a dollop of hummus or crunch fresh croutons or a piece of crusty bread.