Natalie Zee, of Healthy Natty, is a true believer that being healthy doesn’t have to be hard. After living with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for over 5 years, her appreciation for health and wellbeing developed into a passion for cooking. With over 27,000 followers on Instagram, Natalie’s simple and nutritious recipes are not only beautiful to look at, they’re delicious too. Using her GT Homewares plating, this Chickpea, Spinach & Lemon pasta is the perfect meal for when you’re on the go.
1 Onion, finely sliced
2 tbsp of olive oil
Juice & rind of 1 lemon
1 cup of cooked canned chickpeas, drained & well rinsed
2-3 cups of loosely packed fresh spinach
250gms of linguine (or pasta of your choice)
2/3 of a cup of good quality vegetable stock
Chilli & extra lemon wedges to serve
- Cook your pasta as per packet instructions in well salted water
- In a large pan, add your oil & fry your onions until caramelised
- Add the lemon rind, chickpeas and vegetable stock. Reduce the heat.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain well.
- Add the spinach to the large pan and cook until wilted (this will only take a few seconds)
- As soon as the spinach is wilted, add the pasta and the remaining lemon juice.
- Serve the pasta piled with chickpeas (which you’ll need to chase around the bottom of the pan!), a wedge of lemon and fresh chilli if desired.