Perfectly paired with al dente pasta is this delicious creamy kale and leek pasta sauce, created by Jo Ross of Healthy Eating Jo. Now with over 107k followers on Instagram alone, Jo shares healthy, plant based recipes to her highly engaged followers. Showcased in her Large Classic Bowl in Sky, this simple sauce is a tasty mid week go-to.
375g chopped raw cauliflower florets
1 onion sliced
1 leek sliced
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/8 tsp cayenne
2 and 1/2 cups vegetable stock
1/2 tsp kala namak salt
2 Tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
2 crushed garlic cloves (or 2 tsp crushed garlic)
100g torn kale leaves (hard stalks removed)
- Place the cauliflower, onion, and leek on a lined baking tray and drizzle with the coconut oil.
- Sprinkle over the thyme and cayenne and mix around until coated.
- Bake at 180C for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a pot and add the vegetable stock.
- Bring to the boil and then lower heat to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the kale leaves and cook for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a high speed blender or use a stick mixer and blend until smooth.
- Add more stock as required to your desired consistency.
- Pour over your pasta of choice.