Founder of The Well Nest, Valeria Ramirez is a strong believer in the power of nutrition. Her holistic, health based recipes are shared alongside useful lifestyle tips and nutrition advice. Using the GT Homewares Sky Plate, these gooey muffins are packed full of healthy ingredients.
Prep time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 30 – 35 mins | Total time: 40 mins | Serves 10-12
2 eggs, whisked
3/4 cup amaranth flour
3/4 cup shredded coconut
3/4 cup mashed, ripe banana
1/2 cup milk of your choice (I used coconut)
1/4 cup of sweetness like honey, rice malt syrup or maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1 tsp vanilla paste
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
2-3 tbs of peanut butter
- Pre-heat oven to 170C.
- Mix all wet ingredients (eggs, banana, milk, coconut oil, vanilla paste) in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix all dry ingredients (flour, shredded coconut, baking soda, baking powder)
- Fold the wet mixture into the dry.
- Line a muffin tray with 10-12 muffin liners (or square pieces of baking paper pushed in)
- Divide mixture evenly between your desired number of muffins, note the bigger the desired size, the less muffins you will have.
- Add a small dollop of peanut butter on top of each muffin and swirl in with a skewer.
- Place muffins in the oven and cook for 30-35 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool ever so slightly before tucking in for a gooey peanut butter and banana sensation.