Nutrition and Dietetics student, Gabrielle O’Dea, shares health based recipes to her popular blog, Nourish The Day. With a focus on taste, each dish is packed full of flavour and nutrition. Featuring the GT Homewares Ash Plate, this Green Goddess Pasta is loaded with superfoods.
1 large bunch basil (or 2-3 smaller bunches), leaves only
3 florets broccoli
large handful spinach or kale
1 clove garlic, peeled
large handful walnuts
⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
juice and grated zest of 1 lemon
salt and pepper to season
200g mung bean pasta
200g cherry tomatoes
1 small leek
⅔ cup peas
½ avocado, peeled
extra virgin olive oil, extra to cook
- To make the pesto, place all the ingredients (basil, broccoli, spinach, garlic,walnuts, olive oil, lemon juice and zest) into a food processor or high powered blender and blend until just smooth. Taste and season with freshly cracked pepper and salt.
- Heat the oven to 180C (fan forced), place the tomatoes in a baking tray/roasting tray and drizzle with olive oil. Place in the oven to roast for 10-20 mins or until the skins are just starting to split.
- Cook the pasta according to packet directions, until just al dente. Drain and rinse.
- Meanwhile, wash the leek and finely chop, slice the zucchini thinly. Heat a little olive oil in a non-stick pan and add the leek, stirring frequently until beginning to soften. Add the zucchini and continue stirring until just beginning to get a little tender. Add the peas to the pan in the last few mins of cooking. Add the pasta to the pan with the veg and stir in enough pesto to give everything a good coating, stir until just warm.
- Serve the pasta topped with thinly shaved avocado and the roasted tomatoes.