This nutritious take on fried rice is perfectly paired with vitamin rich ingredients, superfoods and GT Homewares. Jessica Sepel of JSHealth, has created yet another delicious dish that’s healthy, simple to make and perfect for the cold Winter months.
1 cup brown rice, uncooked
1/2 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
3 cups kale, finely chopped
2 tbsp tamari
2 tbsp sesame/coconut oil
1-2 organic, free range eggs (optional)
Chilli flakes (optional)
Sesame seeds and chopped spring onion, to top
- Cook the brown rice according to instructions, set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the onions, stirring until soft and translucent (4-5 minutes). Add garlic and sauté for a further 2-3 minutes. Add the kale and stir until wilted.
- Add the rice and cook for another two minutes, stirring.
- At this stage, you may choose to add 1-2 organic eggs. If so, crack two eggs into a separate bowl and whisk slightly. Then add to hot saucepan with rice, stirring the egg through the mixture until completely cooked.
- Add the tamari and cook for another minute. Divide into two bowls, top with sesame seeds, spring onion and chilli flakes and serve.
Pre-cooked rice can be found in most supermarkets and makes for an even quicker meal!