Clinical nutritionist and wellness coach, Jessica Sepel, is the founder of JSHealth. Sharing nutrition, fitness and beauty advice, JSHealth also features delicious recipes that are simple to make and good for you too. Using the GT Homewares Earth Plate, this Nutella Oats recipe is the healthy way to eat dessert for breakfast.
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup milk of choice (almond, coconut, dairy etc.)
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp cacao
1 tsp rice malt/maple syrup
1 tbsp hazelnut butter (or other nut butter)
- Add rolled oats, milk and water to a pot and bring to boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat, cover and simmer until the grains are soft (approximately 10-12 minutes).
- To make the Nutella sauce; melt the coconut oil in a separate pot and whisk in cacao, rice malt/maple syrup and nut butter until combined.
- Spoon oats into a bowl, top with Nutella sauce and chopped Crunchy Cinnamon Hazelnuts (see below)
To make a batch of Crunchy Cinnamon Hazelnuts:
- Preheat oven to 180°.
- Combine 1 cup chopped hazelnuts with 2 tsp coconut oil (melted), 1 tsp maple syrup and 1 tsp of ground cinnamon in a bowl.
- Spread over a lined baking tray and place in oven for 10-12 minutes, tossing half way through.
- Remove from oven when golden, allow to cool.
- Enjoy on top of smoothies, oats or with berries for a satiating snack!