This healthy Potato Egg Salad is a simple and flavoursome classic that never goes out of style. Presented on GT Homewares, this gluten free recipe was created by Samantha Pickthall of Wholesome Patisserie. With her passion for baking, Samantha shares easy to follow recipes for delicious and decadent baked goods.
6 eggs, room temperature
5 small white potatoes or 3 large, washed, peeled
1 half onion, diced
3 spring onion stalks, diced
2 medium sized carrots, diced
3 Tbsp mayonnaise*
2 tsp dijon mustard
Handful fresh flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
Hard Boiled Eggs
- Fill a medium sized pot halfway with filtered water.
- Place eggs into the pot and bring to a boil, keep lid on.
- When reached boiling pot, remove lid and boil on high for 4 minutes.
- Turn off heat, remove eggs with a spoon and set aside in a bowl to cool. Drain off water.
- Once cooled, peel and remove shell, set eggs aside in a small bowl.
- In the same pot, fill it up halfway with filtered water.
- Bring water to a boil over high heat.
- Cut potatoes into quarters then into 1-2 inch sized pieces.
- Once water is boiling, add potatoes.
- Boil potatoes for 5-10 minutes or until just tender, ensuring not to over cook. Boil with lid removed.
- Once tender, drain water and potatoes into a strainer or fine sieve.
- Set aside to cool.
- Dice all veggies and set aside in a small small.
- In a large mixing bowl, add eggs and break them up using a fork or masher, leaving some large pieces.
- Stir through all mixed veggies until well combined.
- Mix through potatoes until well combined.
- Add mayonnaise and dijon mustard, mix until well coated.
- Stir through chopped parsley.
- Serve and enjoy or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Store leftovers in an airtight container, refrigerated, for 2-4 days.