With over 68,400 followers on Instagram alone, Madeleine Lumley shares healthy, plant based recipes to her strong following online. Featuring her GT Homewares Earth Bowl, Madeleine has created this Quinoa Sushi recipe that’s packed full of flavour and nutritious ingredients.
1 cup of uncooked quinoa
1 tblsp of rice vinegar
1 tblsp of maple syrup
1 cucumber, cut into sticks
1 avocado, sliced
1/2 a raw beetroot, grated
A couple of handfuls of sprouts
3-4 sheets of nori seaweed
Tamari, sesame seeds and pickled ginger for serving.
- Rinse the quinoa and cook it according to the packet instructions (this should take around 15-20 minutes).
- Once cooked, drain any excess water if necessary, and mix the vinegar and maple syrup through.
- Spread the quinoa out across two thirds of the nori sheets.
- Fill with cucumber sticks, avocado, raw beetroot and sprouts.
- Using a bamboo mat (optional, but makes it easier), roll the sushi up carefully.
- Sliced into rounds, and serve with pickled ginger, tamari soy sauce and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.