Allergy friendly cook, Nicole Maree shares her gluten free & vegan recipes on her blog and Instagram page, which has over 56k followers. Showcased on her GT Homewares Sky plate & Soil bowl, Rebecca has created this sweet potato & blackberry muffins recipe. Gluten free, dairy free, nut free & vegan
Sweet Potato & Blackberry Muffins
gluten free, dairy free, nut free, vegan
190g vegan plain thick yoghurt
150g rapadura sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
200g gluten free plain flour
40g pumpkin seeds
40g sunflower seeds
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
120g raw sweet potato, grated
130g blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced/350°F. Grease a 6-cup muffin tray with melted coconut oil, set aside.
- Add yoghurt, rapadura sugar and vanilla extract to a large bowl. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl add flour, seeds, cinnamon and baking powder. Whisk to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and fold through gently. Add grated sweet potato and blackberries, mix well.
- Pour the mixture into prepared muffin tray and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes before removing from muffin tray. Serve with seed/nut butter or one of your favourite spreads!