Amy Le of Amy Le Creations shares healthy vegan recipes to her 159k followers on Instagram. Not only are Amy’s recipes delicious and healthy, they’re also incredibly photogenic! Prepared on her GT Homewares Earth and Onyx bowls, this tempeh and grilled pineapple taco recipe is a go-to for a night in with friends.
300g organic tempeh
1 tsp chili powder (or to taste)
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp salt (or to taste)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp water
1/2 tbsp oil
1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple sliced into small pieces
8-10 corn tortillas
Avocado, red cabbage, tomato, radish, jalapeño, coriander, spring onion or vegetables of your choice.
- Crumble the tempeh into a large bowl.
- To this, add all the taco seasonings, along with water, and mix well.
- Add oil to a frying pan on medium high heat. Add oil and the tempeh mixture, cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. I like to use fork for this to break up the tempeh.
- For the pineapple, heat a grill pan (a normal frying pan will work also) to high. Add your pineapple pieces and cook on both sides until golden.
- Spoon the tempeh onto the tortillas along with pineapple and vegetables.