Natalie Zee of Healthy Natty, has a strong appreciation for health and wellness. Natalie shares nutritious recipes across her popular blog and Instagram page which now has 29.4k followers and counting. Presented on GT Homewares 25cm Bowls in Soil, this Tomato and Vegetable Stew uses fresh ingredients, packed full of flavour. It’s a perfect example of how healthy eating doesn’t have to be hard.
1 onion, finely diced
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1 tbsp of olive oil
2 red capsicums, roughly sliced
6 button mushrooms, quartered
½ a head of cauliflower, broken into florets
1 zucchini, roughly chopped
2 tbsp green stuffed/pimento olives
1 can of crushed or cherry tomatoes
1 tsp of dried oregano
4-5 sprigs of thyme
Rocket & bread, to serve
- On a large, deep fry pan with a lid, fry the onions and capsicums in the olive oil until softened
- Add the mushrooms and fry until they start to soften
- Add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds
- Add the cauliflower, zucchini and olives and stir quickly, before adding the tomatoes and about a cup of water.
- Pop in the oregano and thyme, put the lid on and bring to a simmer.
- Allow to cook for about 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender and the sauce has reduced by about 1/3. If the sauce dries too much before the cauliflower is cooked, add extra water (a little at a time).
- Serve with extra thyme on top, bread to soak up the sauce & a side salad (rocket works well).